A room is nothing without good lighting; especially at night when there’s no natural lighting to work with. During the remodeling process, the light of the room is sometimes an afterthought, but, in all actuality, it’s very important to help you get ready throughout the day. On top of being very helpful, the fixtures can enhance the overall theme of the bathroom. Often, they’re the small pieces that bring the entire room together. Here are a few reasons why bathroom lighting should be high up on your remodeling list.
- The Placement: Location is everything when it comes to lighting. It could be the most beautiful piece, but if the light isn’t in the right spot, it’s useless. Bathrooms tend to have two sets of lighting.
- Recessed or ambient lighting will illuminate the entire room.
- Vanity lighting usually goes around the mirror to illuminate your face for makeup, shaving, brushing your teeth, styling your hair, and more.
- Traditional vs Contemporary: The style or theme of the bathroom will dictate what kind of lighting you get. You want the fixtures to compliment your room aesthetic, otherwise, it’ll stick out like a sore thumb.
- Traditional is classic. It tends to be either a vintage style or timeless making it easy to use for years.
- Contemporary is modern and follows the current trends. This is perfect for people who enjoy updating the style of the house regularly.
- Warm vs Cool: The temperature of the bulb will affect not only the look of the room but how you feel walking in. You have to find the perfect balance between the temperatures. If the lighting is too warm it almost feels unnatural and will alter the original colors of your skin tone and makeup. On the other hand, lighting that’s too cool feels too clinical or bright. It’s important to find something more in the middle when you’re picking out the perfect bulb.